Carter Park Crossfit Kid’s Program Waiver
Child’s Name: _____________________________________
Below are the newly implanted safety and hygiene protocols for the initial phase of Return to Play as required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. These protocols are effective at all Carter Park sessions until further notice.
- Symptoms of COVID-19 as designated by the CDC are:
- Mild to Severe Cough
- Sore Throat
- Elevated Body Temperature
- Excessive Congestion
- Excessive Fatigue
- Muscle of Body Aches
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
- Nausea, Vomiting, or Diarrhea
- High Risk Categories of Participants include individuals that may have:
- Chronic lung disease or severe asthma
- Serious cardiopulmonary conditions
- Severe obesity
- Chronic kidney disease
- Liver disease
Prior to entering the facility:
- Disinfection of hands shall occur with hand-sanitizer as defined by the CDC
- Disinfection of equipment shall occur with a bleach or hydrogen peroxide-based solution as defined by CDC
Player Health Protocols
- Players in high risk categories should not participate in activity without the consultation of their physician.
- Players diagnosed with COVID-19 may not participate in activity for a minimum period of 14 days from diagnosis.
- Plays in known contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 may not participate in activity until clear.
- Players exhibiting symptoms as defined may not participate in activity until symptom-free.
- Players developing symptoms during activity should notify their coach and leave the designated facility promptly
- Players shall measure their temperature prior to activity and may not participate in activity should it exceed 100°F
- Players must communicate health status to their coach, including that temperature was measured within 2 hours of activity
- In the event a player is temporarily restricted for activity based on above, players must receive acknowledgement from their Coach that they may return
Staff Health Protocols
- Staff in High Risk Categories should not participate in activity without the consultation of their physician
- Staff diagnosed with COVID-19 may not participate in activity for a minimum period of 14 days from diagnosis
- Staff in known contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 may not participate in activity until cleared
- Staff exhibiting symptoms as defined may not participate in activity until symptom-free
- Staff shall measure their temperature prior to activity and may not participate in activity shall it exceed 100°F
- Spectators are currently not invited to observe sessions. Parents or other individuals who are driving players to training sessions should be prepared to drop off players when they are called in and should arrive for pickup in a timely manner. Drivers may remain in designated parking areas as long as they remain in their vehicles
- All coaches should submit a written list of all individuals who participated in a session within on business day of occurrence
- In the event, that an attendee of a session is diagnosed with COVID-19, the submitted reports will be used to trace and notify all participants that have encountered a diagnosed individual to take preventive measure.
Personal Safety and Hygiene Protocols
- Players and staff shall be dressed for participation upon arrival
- Players may not change at the field
- Staff are to store all personal items in a backpack
- Contained personal items must be stored in designated areas, apart from personal items of others
- Players and staff should cough or sneeze into their elbow or upper arm
- Players and staff should refrain from touching their face
- Players and staff shall refrain from spitting
- Players and staff shall sanitize hands minimally at the onset and at the conclusion of the training session.
- Players should refrain from high fives, fist bumps, or other social contact during training sessions
- Players and Staff shall wear face coverings
Food, Beverage, and Lavatories
- All beverages must be kept in a resealable container, labeled by name and kept within your personal items
- Food may not be consumed
- Staff shall maintain physical distance of 6 feet or more from players, colleagues
- Players should maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more from players and staff
- Staff is responsible to monitor physical distancing requirements
Training Sessions and Equipment Protocols
- Training sessions will be held in a maximum 9:1 player to staff ratio in a dedicated training and marked off area which shall not be less than 9000 square feet of space
- Training sessions shall be designed to minimize contact
- Training involving drills or warmups in a line format shall ensure that players are spaced 6 feet apart while idling and participating
- Players should arrive on time at the start of the training sessions and depart promptly at the termination of the training event.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Carter Park CrossFit has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, Carter Park CrossFit cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending Carter Park CrossFit could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that the player may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending Carter Park CrossFit and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Carter Park CrossFit may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Carter Park CrossFit employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that the player may experience or incur in connection with my attendance at the Carter Park CrossFit. On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold Carter Park CrossFit employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Carter Park CrossFit program.
- Participants involved in any activities by Carter Park Crossfit may be photographed or videotaped during training. The undersigned hereby consents to the use of these photographs and/or videos of the player without compensation, on the Carter Park Crossfit website, social media, or in any editorial, promotional or advertising material produced and/or published by Carter Park Crossfit.
Waiver and Release of Liability
- Express assumption of risk: I, the undersigned, am aware that there are significant risks involved in all aspects of physical training. These risks, include but are not limited to: falls which can result in serious injury or death; injury or death due to negligence on the part of the player, training partner, or other people around me; injury or death due to improper use or failure of equipment; strains and sprains. I am aware that any of these above mentioned risks may result in serious injury or death to the player or players.
- I willingly assume full responsibility for the risks that the player is exposing himself/herself to and accept full responsibility for any injury or death that my result from participation in any activity or class while at, or under direction of Carter Park Crossfit.
- I acknowledge that the player has no physical impairments, injuries or illnesses that will endanger me or others.
Release: in consideration of the above mentioned risks and hazards in consideration of the fact that I am willingly and voluntarily participating in the activities offered by Carter Park Crossfit.
Carter Park Crossfit, I, the undersigned hereby release Carter Park CrossFit, their principals, agents, employees, and volunteers from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action, which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, including those allegedly attributed to the negligent acts or omissions of the above mentioned parties. This agreement shall be binding upon me, my successors, representatives, heirs, executors, assigns, or transferees. If any portion of this agreement is held invalid, I agree that the remainder of the agreement shall remain in full legal force and effect.
If I am signing on behalf of a minor child, I also give full permission for any person connected with Carter Park CrossFit to administer first aid deemed necessary, and in case of serious illness or injury, I give permission to call for medical and or surgical care for the child and to transport the child to a medical facility deemed necessary for the well being of the child.
Indemnification: The participant recognizes that there is risk involved in the types of activities offered by Carter Park CrossFit. Therefore the participant accepts financial responsibility for any injury that the participant may cause either to him/herself or to any other participant due to his/her negligence.
Should the above mentioned parties, or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to reimburse them for such fees and costs. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Carter Park CrossFit, their principals, agents, employees, and volunteers from liability for the injury or death of any person(s) and damage to property that may result from my negligent or intentional act or omission while participating in activities offered by Carter Park CrossFit, at the main building or abroad. This includes but is not limited to parks, recreational areas, playgrounds, areas adjacent to main building, and/or any area selected for training by Carter Park CrossFit.
I have read and understood the foregoing assumption of risk, and release of liability and I understand that by signing it obligates me to indemnify the parties named for any liability for injury or death of any person and damage to property caused by my negligent or intentional act or omission. I understand that by signing this form I am waiving valuable legal rights.
* Please use your mouse/finger to sign your name
Please sign and date that you understand and are in agreeance with all of the safety procedures above.
Child’s Name: _______________________________________
Parent’s signature:______________________________________ Date: __________________
Parent’s phone number:__________________________________
Parent’s email: _________________________________________